http://miavdmerwe.tumblr.com/

Tumblr:miavdmerwe.tumblr.com... Portfolio:miavanderm.wix.com/miavandermerwe

Blog Archive

Saturday 12 October 2013

Self-portraits 2013

© Mia van der Merwe
Uncomfortably free falling backwards.

On the stoep of 71 Hill Street, Grahamstown, Eastern Cape.

Quiet nights in with Hank, whiskey and scrabble.
(From top left to bottom right) “Klokkie Kat”, Misiu, Shani and “Ou Kat” join me for a self-portrait series at the Van der Merwe farm near Nelspruit, South Africa.

My bored feet.


Seasons of hair.


Turning twenty-five in the 80s.

Hand in hand, twirling like we did as kids. 
My room, Jasmine Cottage, 71 Hill street, Grahamstown.
My home-made Christmas present from Hank; supposedly based on me?



Changes made and changes I would like to make; will we ever be fully comfortable in our skin? 

No comments:

Post a Comment